Tuesday 3 August 2010

Tough Game Tonight

Sorry folks that are no pictures of tonight's game. I was an assistant coach along the sidelines yelling myself hoarse so even though I had the camera with me ... it never saw the light of day. Aiden's house league team was playing the 2nd best team (guess which one is best) in the league with 2 huge giants in the lineup. It was a scoreless first half and the opponents scored first in the second half. We got one back to tie it up but with 2 minutes and 45 seconds to play ... I put our 3 star players on the front line with instructions to score score score. and that they did to tie it all up. The game ended up as a tie but that keeps us in first place in the league.  I was proud of the way Aiden played tonight. He stopped their big guys' attacks and ran the ball up the sidelines and passed out in front.  We just did not necessarily have the strikers in front to pull the trigger.  As I was walking to the car I saw a former neighbour of ours and asked if he had a grandkid playing in the opponent team... they said yes. I said I have a grandchild playing too ... they said, we know ... Aiden.   He was the star of the game and all the parents on both sides knew it.